• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Soil Slippage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Papulee

What is the name of your state? California

My Homeowners Association is suing the original builder for damage to "common areas". The problem is being caused by soil slippage on a hill that private homes were built on about 12 years ago. There is damage on my property and others as well as the common area. However, the Association refuses to represent individual homeowners. They cite a Code of Civil Procedure, Section 383 for not representing us. What can I do?

HomeGuru

Papulee said:
What is the name of your state? California

My Homeowners Association is suing the original builder for damage to "common areas". The problem is being caused by soil slippage on a hill that private homes were built on about 12 years ago. There is damage on my property and others as well as the common area. However, the Association refuses to represent individual homeowners. They cite a Code of Civil Procedure, Section 383 for not representing us. What can I do?

**A: simple. Hire your own personal attorney and file a separate cause of action.
Ask the HOA attorney first, to see if you can be a personal client also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">