• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sol for fraud?

• Thread starter helpinminnesota
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helpinminnesota

What is the name of your state? minnesota

is there a statute of limitations to report fraud? this is the situation - i separated from my then wife in 98. i stayed in the house we were living in, which i owned. she moved to a different town. she had to hook up the utilities and she put her name along with mine when she opened the account. i never lived there, never gave her permission to do so and never knew she had done that until recently. nothing happened to my credit because the bills were paid and the account was closed so i don't know if no one will want to do anything anymore. but to me it's still fraud. the other thing is that she is doing the same thing to her soon to be ex-husband right now with credit cards, etc. i told him to report her for fraud and he's looking into it. obviously he has a better chance of getting something done. do i try to do something about what she did to me? or is it pointless as it was over 5 years ago and just use it for pattern with the soon to be ex's case?

A

anon29072

Personally, I would suggest you just drop your thoughts of fraud charges. You admit that it caused no harm to your credit, so what damages can you claim as a result of this fraud? It's time for you to move on with your life and that should include you staying out of the affairs of your ex's ex's.

That's my two-cents worth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">