• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SOL on medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rikers

What is the name of your state? Florida

Back in July of 2001 I was hospitalized and had insurance at the the time. The Insurance company was shortly there after placed into recievership by the stateand did not pay anyone's bills. The state insurance commission sent out claim forms to everyone that had submited bills, and told them to fill them out and send proof of the claims along with them back. The hospital recieved this form but never filled it out or submitted it for payment. It is now past the dead line for filing and they want me to pay the bill, and have reported the debt to the credit reporting agencies. My question is,
1. Are they guilty of not properly filing the correct forms, and if so am I now liable for this debt?

2. When will the SOL run out?

3. What can I do to have this collection agency remove this from my report?

I must also add that the opening date they have listed on the report is a year after the date of the admition to the hospital.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">