• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

majep5

What is the name of your state? TX

I received a notice from Fingerhut of an unpaid balance. The billing of this was from 1995. I have not heard from Fingerhut of this billing, was unaware of it. I even bought a house in March 2003 and had to clean up my credit prior to signing for the house. This Fingerhut bill was not on my credit report. How do I clear this using SOL. and does the SOL go for Tx where I currently live or IA, where I lived in '95?

bigun

Credit reporting SOL is 7 years regardless of where you live. Just dispute with the CRA's as obsolete. They have 30 days to investigate.

majep5

CRA.. I am assuming is credit agency? can I do even if THis is not on my credit report. Just getting mail.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

bigun

If it's not on the credit report, leave the CRA alone. Just send Fingerhut a letter {CRRR} saying this alleged debt is time-barred and never bother you about the matter again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">