• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Solar Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whitecobra50

New Jersey
I signed a contract for solar panels to be installed on my home. I changed my mind not to go forward with the job due to my age and length of payments. I only signed the initial contract agreement. I did not sign any contracts for the loan agreements.
Upon canceling, well after the 3 day grace period. The sales rep said that we could be held liable for 10% of this 50,000.00 job. I talked to him the following day and he said that we must pay his company 1,800.00 for canceling the contract.
This simple contract agreement is only 5 pages in length. I know that I am in breach of contract due to the amount of time that I waited before canceling. Although I cannot find any % cost penalties listed in the contract. Is this a New Jersey law that I can be held liable for 10 % of the cost without receiving any product?

adjusterjack

Is this a New Jersey law that I can be held liable for 10 % of the cost without receiving any product?
Probably not.

You have already been foolish signing a $50,000 contract.

Don't add to that foolishness by doing anything without the advice of an attorney.

The contractor is now your enemy. Never take legal advice from your enemy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">