• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sold a car, being accused of fraud, please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clekchau

this is regarding my recent sale of a modified car. All modifications were documented before sale. After sale, buyer took car to mechanic, and mechanic told buyer car did not have all modifications listed. My tuner has all receipts and verified all modifications were performed on the car, including taking pictures while he did the work, but the buyer's mechanic claims the modifications do not exist. the buyer is from florida and bought the car in tx. can i be sued for fraud? how can i be sure that something didn't happen to the modifications after the car left ts? any information would be appreciated.

L

LINKINPARKSGIRL

well if you have all of the reciepts documented and you took pictures of the work performed then you should have no problems. if you do not have reciepts stipulating all of the things done to the car then you are going to have a hard time. you would then have to go back to whomever did the work and create a paper trail but from what you posted you should not have a problem. it will basically come up as your word ( and evidence ) against his. and you are not responsible for anything that was done to the car after it left your possession and you would have no way of knowing that anyway.did he already charge you with fraud? criminal charges or did he sue in court to try to get his money back or what???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">