• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold a dirt bike and the buyer wants there money back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jerryd

Sold my dirt bike as is for an agreed price, I disclosed all issues with the bike when I sold it. The buyer now wants his money back, he is also threating legal action. Can he even sue over this? I disclosed everything.

Cheers!

quincy

Sold my dirt bike as is for an agreed price, I disclosed all issues with the bike when I sold it. The buyer now wants his money back, he is also threating legal action. Can he even sue over this? I disclosed everything.

Cheers!
What did he tell you was the reason for wanting his money back? How old is he?

Jerryd

What did he tell you was the reason for wanting his money back? How old is he?
His reason for wanting his money back is that hes having trouble starting the bike, I explained to him that there is a starting procedure and he continues to ask for his money back, the bike ran fine when I sold it to him, started first kick.

quincy

Not sure I believe he is under 18 though
His age is a problem for you. Minors do not have the legal ability to form a contract so they can (in most circumstances) choose to either honor an agreement made when a minor or void the agreement.

If the purchaser of your bike was in fact under the age of 18 at the time of purchase, he apparently now is choosing to void the agreement. There is not much you can do about it.

You should refund his money when he returns the bike to you.

adjusterjack

Ask him for his ID and verify his date of birth. If he was over 18 when he bought the bike then it's a done deal. If he was under 18 he can void the sale and get his money back. Make sure you get the title back when you get the bike back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">