• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold Car Buyer Stopped making Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kooth

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
I sold a car to a lady, (had her sign a contract). She stopped making payments. She has left the area. The contract states I can take possesion of car if payments are 30 days late, (which they are). What is the best way to track her down, and get back the car? Can I report the car as stolen? Any other info would be a big help.

Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
I sold a car to a lady, (had her sign a contract). She stopped making payments. She has left the area. The contract states I can take possesion of car if payments are 30 days late, (which they are). What is the best way to track her down, and get back the car? Can I report the car as stolen? Any other info would be a big help.

Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
The car is not stolen, you cannot report it as such. Did you sign the title over to her, or are you on title as lienholder?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">