• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold Debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kennych

What is the name of your state? TX
Getting ready to file bk, I was concerned with all my debt being sold to other collections agencies, do I need to keep track of all the of these collection agenices? example citibank I believe have sold my account several times?

HomeGuru

kennych said:
What is the name of your state? TX
Getting ready to file bk, I was concerned with all my debt being sold to other collections agencies, do I need to keep track of all the of these collection agenices? example citibank I believe have sold my account several times?
**A: list them all even if they are redundant or duplicates.

bigun

The SOL on cc debt in Tx. is 4 years. If it's been 4 years or close to 4 years and you've not been sued, maybe rethink the bk.

R

rke55

Where can you find out about statute of limitations for Ohio??

R

rke55

What is the timeframe for that 4 years though?? From your last payment, chargeoff,...?

Ladynred

It starts with your 1st delinquency and never again got the account current. So, the 1st time you went 30 days late and never paid again would start the SOL clock.

R

rke55

Thanks. Another question, I live in Ohio and was wondering about garnishment. I believe that it's up to 25%. Now what if you have multiple accounts who want to garnish wages. They each can't take 25%. How does that work??

Ladynred

As long as none of it is for child support, then the MAX that can be taken out of your check thru garnishment is 25% of your disposable income. If there are multiple garnishments, and one is already taking 25%, the rest have to wait their turn until the 1st garnishment order is over with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">