• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sold my used car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skleyman

I live in Maryland.I sold my used car which I got it from police abounded vehicle auction.
That car was in a really good shape and I put in the add as excellent condition (using common add language).
I had passed MD inspection for this car and gave that certificate to person who purchased that car.
Also the purchaser had signed certificate of salvage vehicle for this car and he knew what kind car he got. I didn't not provide any warranty for this car and also I told him that I didn't take any responsibility for this car.
The person made a road test and check the car and bought it.
On the way to his house the car broke down with transmission (as he told that). He never calls me back with that problem.
Only after 9 months he decided to sue me for amount he spend for repair that car ( that amount more them he paid me).
What is my chance to win in the court?

Thanks

[Edited by skleyman on 12-21-2000 at 04:27 PM]

T

TimC

Don't even worry about it.

Show up in court with a copy of the receipt that you gave him for the car, and don't lose a moment's sleep over it.

Unless the guy is dumb as a post, he is just trying to intimidate you into paying.

LegalBeagle

skleyman said:
I live in Maryland.I sold my used car which I got it from police abounded vehicle auction.
That car was in a really good shape and I put in the add as excellent condition (using common add language).
I had passed MD inspection for this car and gave that certificate to person who purchased that car.
Also the purchaser had signed certificate of salvage vehicle for this car and he knew what kind car he got. I didn't not provide any warranty for this car and also I told him that I didn't take any responsibility for this car.
The person made a road test and check the car and bought it.
On the way to his house the car broke down with transmission (as he told that). He never calls me back with that problem.
Only after 9 months he decided to sue me for amount he spend for repair that car ( that amount more them he paid me).
What is my chance to win in the court?

Thanks

[Edited by skleyman on 12-21-2000 at 04:27 PM]
Good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">