• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Soldier / Marriage / "Post-Nup"??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

squaredaway

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Home of record= MI.. Got married in GA.. Moving to AZ in 2 weeks..

I'm a US Army Soldier.. I recently got married.. I do no have a pre-nup, but I want one..

Question -- Is there such a thing as a "Post-nup".?

Also - I've heard something about some military paperwork which is essentially a waiver -- where as a wife signs away her rights to grab a piece of your government paycheck or pension if the marriage ends in divorce.. Is there is such a document - what is it?

Please help..

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Home of record= MI.. Got married in GA.. Moving to AZ in 2 weeks..

I'm a US Army Soldier.. I recently got married.. I do no have a pre-nup, but I want one..

Question -- Is there such a thing as a "Post-nup".?

Also - I've heard something about some military paperwork which is essentially a waiver -- where as a wife signs away her rights to grab a piece of your government paycheck or pension if the marriage ends in divorce.. Is there is such a document - what is it?

Please help..

It's called a contract. Wife has no incentive to sign it. If she has half a brain, she won't even consider it.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
"Recently" married and already asking about divorce settlement? Why did you bother getting married?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">