• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sole and separate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?CA
Hi I will try to keep this short and to the point. My mother and her husband are considering divorce. During this time he has taken everything of hers while she has been here in SD caring for my grandmother including her vehicle, and personal belongings. I know he threatened putting his home in a friends name so she would not get his house. Ok to make a long story short he claims to have sold the house to a friend for a whopping 150,000.00 the house is valued at no less than 300,000.00 on 5 acres of land in Palm Dessert he owned this house prior to marrying my mom but I still believe she is entitled to something. He states he now no longer wants a divorce but his friend whom he claims purchased the house needs my mother to sign a sole and separate rights to ownership over to her husband so new owner can get insurance on this home. My mothers name was never put on the deed, all of this seems very odd to me. Is his need for a sole ownership neccesary or is this a way of swindeling my mother out of what she is entitled? :confused:

I' really appreciate any info as he wants my mother to go down to a notary public tomorrow morning.


Senior Member
Get an atty. ASAP!
My ex did the same thing.
Conspiracy to Commit Fraud
Fraudulant Conveyance

That's what he is doing.

If the sale is not complete, file a lis pendence with the atty.'s help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential