• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sole custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vamom-2

What is the name of your state? Virginia.
My ex-husband and I legally have 2 children together a 7 yr old and a 21 month old. he only acknowledes the older of the 2. He left the marriage and the unborn child when I was 2 months into the pregnacy after I would not agree to an abortion and the fact that he was having an affair.
-he has had no actual contact with her ecept seeing her when he came to get the 7 yr old. we are know in a conflict about our 7 yr old and will being going to court for that and i think that it would be a good idea to go ahead and get the custody/support order for our other daughter out of the way at the same time.
-Are there any grounds that he would have to keep me from getting sole custody of her considering he did not want to even have his name on her birth certificate and has wanted nothing to do with her in almost 2 years. My husband and I have been raising her with no support from him as our own.

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

If I read that correctly you are remarried and your current husband is raising the baby as his own? What you could do, and I probably would considering the circumstances, is ask her bio dad to sign away his rights to the baby and let your current hubby adopt her. If he is the only dad she has ever known and her real dad doesn't even acknowledge her, sounds like the best thing to do for the baby. do it now while she's young and she'll never have to feel thrown away by her dad, she'll have one that loves her. :)

V

vamom-2

When I went to talk to my lawyer today about my other daughter we discussed that, and he sugested that my husband and I should think about that. I think that is the way that we are going to go. god knows that he loves her and when ever he talks to anyone he always calls her is daughter or our daughter, he never says step daughter or anthing like that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">