• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Solicitor of Labor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beeque

What is the name of your state? MN Are there any circumstances where the Solicitor of Labor can represent a whistleblower?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Maybe - did you have a legal question about a matter that you are directly involved in?

quincy

What is the name of your state? MN Are there any circumstances where the Solicitor of Labor can represent a whistleblower?
The Solicitor of Labor is the chief legal officer overseeing the Department of Labor’s attorneys and legal staff, and it would be these attorneys with assistance from the legal staff who would represent whistleblowers. The Solicitor of Labor can initiate lawsuits.

Why? Is your question one of curiosity only? Or are you a whistleblower looking for legal representation?

And what does your question have to do with Environmental and Toxic Torts?

beeque

The Solicitor of Labor is the chief legal officer overseeing the Department of Labor’s attorneys and legal staff, and it would be these attorneys with assistance from the legal staff who would represent whistleblowers. The Solicitor of Labor can initiate lawsuits.

Why? Is your question one of curiosity only? Or are you a whistleblower looking for legal representation?

And what does your question have to do with Environmental and Toxic Torts?
So the answer is yes?

beeque

It's an environmental, toxic tort, intentional toxic tort, employment, labor, ERISA, OSHA, NIOSH, EPA, almost all agencies under the solicitor's jurisdiction. Clearly I would not post specific details on this website. I just needed a yes or no response to a question. Thanks for the input anyway.

quincy

It's an environmental, toxic tort, intentional toxic tort, employment, labor, ERISA, OSHA, NIOSH, EPA, almost all agencies under the solicitor's jurisdiction. Clearly I would not post specific details on this website. I just needed a yes or no response to a question. Thanks for the input anyway.
You are smart to not post details here. You can file a complaint and the agency will take it from there.

beeque

Thanks. If the agency decides to move forward, can the complainant bring in an outside attorney at any time to assist?

quincy

Thanks. If the agency decides to move forward, can the complainant bring in an outside attorney at any time to assist?
The complainant can have his own attorney to pursue an action separate from the agency’s action.

beeque

Thanks. But not in the context of overseeing that what the agency was doing addressed all of the possible issues?

quincy

Thanks. But not in the context of overseeing that what the agency was doing addressed all of the possible issues?
Based on the little you are disclosing, I would say that the agency would not be working with any attorney you hire. Depending on facts, however, you might need an attorney to represent your interests.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">