• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Solicitors obligations to non clients - GDPR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PickledFairy

If I request that my ex spouses solicitor does not reveal my personal email address to my ex spouse (due to potential harassment from her), do they have to adhere to this request? I am representing myself.

Mass_Shyster

If I request that my ex spouses solicitor does not reveal my personal email address to my ex spouse (due to potential harassment from her), do they have to adhere to this request? I am representing myself.
This site is intended for US Law, and I suspect, from your use of the term solicitor, that you are not in the US.

Generally, in the US, when an attorney works for a client, he or she is not supposed to keep information from his or her client.

Maybe your country has a specific law regarding disclosure of email addresses.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
If this is an issue, you could create a new email address just for communicating with the solicitor.

quincy

This would not be an uncommon request when there has been past abuse or harassment. New street addresses can also be kept secret. There are other ways to communicate that can be set up to protect a person's privacy and safety.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">