• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Some pro se filings - hiding $$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

betterthanher

What is the name of your state?oh
If a pro se wants to serve certain papers onto the mother (Request for Documents, etc.), do they need to be filed with the courts first, then served to her or just served to her without filing with the courts first? She's already lied a number of times in court-filed documents (of course, Judge's don't notice that, although I proved it!), so I am trying to find out if she's hiding cash income and other monetary gifts in order to get the max amount of support that's not deserved.

Last edited:

LdiJ

betterthanher said:
If a pro se wants to serve certain papers onto the mother (Request for Documents, etc.), do they need to be filed with the courts first, then served to her or just served to her without filing with the courts first? She's already lied a number of times in court-filed documents (of course, Judge's don't notice that, although I proved it!), so I am trying to find out if she's hiding cash income and other monetary gifts in order to get the max amount of support that's not deserved.
Monetary "gifts" may not count for the purpose of a child support calculation...in fact, they are unlikely to count.....just as they wouldn't count on your end either.

"Cash income" is something that is difficult to prove.

Both of those issues are incredibly tough to handle without the help of an attorney.

B

betterthanher

LdiJ said:
Monetary "gifts" may not count for the purpose of a child support calculation...in fact, they are unlikely to count.....just as they wouldn't count on your end either.

"Cash income" is something that is difficult to prove.

Both of those issues are incredibly tough to handle without the help of an attorney.
Thanks! A "request for documents" can include bank statements, deposit slips and so on, couldn't it? So if she is getting cash income and monetary gifts (what I mean by that is financial help from family, friends) and depositing it, it would show. I am well aware of her trackable income, so if I were to see a deposit for a few hundred here and there, that is the type of activity I am looking for.
I know she isn't smart enough to think that can't be traced. She's refused to give me medical, educational and other information on the kids that I am legally entitled to by not only FERPA, but laws in this state as well (I am sure they are the same all over) that I requested a week or so ago. She's all about playing games.
Even if I sent her a "request for documents" and an "interrogatories" and was given ample time (30 days), she'd be required to fill them out and submit them back, as if an attorney sent them to her...correct? Unless I've misunderstood that.
I know she'd be like "WTF is this?" :)

Last edited:

tigger22472

betterthanher said:

You would have to serve her with a 'subpoena duces tecum.' The documents you want would have to be described very specifically AND that's no proof that she would HAVE to produce them. She could challenge them so it's best to do it through a lawyer and through court.

B

betterthanher

tigger22472 said:
You would have to serve her with a 'subpoena duces tecum.' The documents you want would have to be described very specifically AND that's no proof that she would HAVE to produce them. She could challenge them so it's best to do it through a lawyer and through court.
much clearer now...thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">