• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Somebody broke my laptop, what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PayrollHRGuy

Even though I have at least one witness who saw him kick my laptop?
The burden of proof will be on you to not only show that he kicked it but did so with sufficient force to do the damage you are claiming was done. You would also need to show that you had the laptop in a position that a reasonable person could kick it. And those witnesses would need to be in court.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wrong. Did you think you know computers?
If it's an old computer, then what do YOU think its value is? Assuming it had no damage...
What kind of a computer is it?
Other than Apple's, the value of most laptops is virtually nothing after just a couple of years. And, really, you think that the folks here don't know the value of items when YOU are the one who placed an item with such value (to you) in harm's way?

PayrollHRGuy

Since you thought it was a good idea to report my post, how about you tell me why you think I'm wrong.

And I'm willing to bet that I have thrown out more old computers than the years you have been alive, including one that sold new for about $100,000.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">