• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Somebody took pictures of me at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

farnik

Hi. I don’t know if I am in the right section but hopefully somebody will be able to advise. I work night shift and I happened to doze off on my break which it’s not the issue. Somebody took a picture of me sleeping and forwarded it to the management so I might be in trouble or not. We will see. My question is if anybody can take picture of me without my consent and forward it. Is it anything I could do about it. Thank you.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
The basic rule is that anyone can photograph you from any place that they have a right to be standing at the time they take the photograph unless you are clearly in a place where privacy would be expected, like bathrooms, locker rooms, dressing rooms, and bedrooms. So if you fall asleep at your desk and a co-worker sees you and snaps a picture, that's perfectly legal. Your consent is not needed to take the photo. Your consent would be needed for certain uses of that photo, like using it in advertising or for other commercial gain.

quincy

Hi. I don’t know if I am in the right section but hopefully somebody will be able to advise. I work night shift and I happened to doze off on my break which it’s not the issue. Somebody took a picture of me sleeping and forwarded it to the management so I might be in trouble or not. We will see. My question is if anybody can take picture of me without my consent and forward it. Is it anything I could do about it. Thank you.
What is the name of your state?

I agree with what Taxing wrote as the basics but I have some questions.

What sort of job do you have? Where did you take your break (work station, break room)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">