• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone help???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sktaly

What is the name of your state?PA I have a question. My soon to be ex-husband is now trying to get full custody of my two small children. He said he has proof of a sapposed affair between me and one of his family members. Can this at all be grounds for a judge to give him custody the thought is killing me. I am a stay at home mom and in no way can be shown unfit!!!!! I love my children and have always been a good mom, even he agrees but says that for what I did to him I deserve to loose them HELP.

LdiJ

sktaly said:
What is the name of your state?PA I have a question. My soon to be ex-husband is now trying to get full custody of my two small children. He said he has proof of a sapposed affair between me and one of his family members. Can this at all be grounds for a judge to give him custody the thought is killing me. I am a stay at home mom and in no way can be shown unfit!!!!! I love my children and have always been a good mom, even he agrees but says that for what I did to him I deserve to loose them HELP.
Ok...take a big deep breath. Its probably irrelevant. For the most part adultery has no bearing on child custody. (assuming its true) You also shouldn't be getting/accepting legal advice from your stbx.

Go get yourself a consult with an attorney.

casa

sktaly said:
I want to help anyone who genuinely cares about their kids- BUT, you never said it wasn't true. :cool: Is it true?

Even in states where divorces/custody are 'no fault'....incest is a whole 'nother ball game. Tell us what is going on and you'll get the most accurate advice.

sktaly

Thanks for the advice

State PA- no it is not true but my soon to be ex is not a very stable person right now because he believes it is. He is capeable of alot!!!! and I have no idea what he is up to. This I know for a fact I want full custody of my kids I have spent every day with them for the last 4 years, and furthermore my husband works a job where he changes shifts every month so I can't imagine what he would do with them if he got them!

BelizeBreeze

Actually, adultry CAN be grounds for divorce .

1. Willful and malicious desertion and absence from the marital home, without a reasonable cause, for the period of one (1) or more years.
2. Adultery
3. Extreme cruelty, including any physical or mental cruelty that endangers your safety or health, or which makes continued living together improper or unreasonable.
4. Knowingly entering a bigamous marriage while a former marriage is still existing.
5. Sentenced to imprisonment for a term of two (2) years upon conviction of having committed a crime.
6. Imposed such indignities on the innocent spouse as to render that spouse's condition intolerable and life burdensome.
7. Insanity or serious mental disorder which has resulted in confinement in a mental institution for at least eighteen (18) months immediately before the filing of the complaint, and where there is no reasonably prospect that the spouse will be discharged from inpatient care during the 18 months subsequent to the commencement of the action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">