• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone registering their vehicles at my address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jlm2424

About a week ago I received what looks like a Title sent from the RMV. It was in my neighbors name but at our address. Called the RMV, who could have cared less, and told me to just send it back to them. This week I receive a FastPass toll with the same thing....their name my address. I should add that this is a neighbor who everyone in the neighborhood has problems with. They drive unregistered and uninspected cars for months at a time, and have non-renew status on registrations. Not sure how to address this or with who. Thanks for any thoughts on how to proceed.

FlyingRon

You really only have two options:

Deliver it to the guy who it's addressed to, -or-

Mark "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS" on it and give it back to the USPS.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
About a week ago I received what looks like a Title sent from the RMV. It was in my neighbors name but at our address. Called the RMV, who could have cared less, and told me to just send it back to them. This week I receive a FastPass toll with the same thing....their name my address. I should add that this is a neighbor who everyone in the neighborhood has problems with. They drive unregistered and uninspected cars for months at a time, and have non-renew status on registrations. Not sure how to address this or with who. Thanks for any thoughts on how to proceed.
Sounds like a typo to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">