• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

someone stole my pants!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ibcurious

What is the name of your state? AL

Brought an extra pair of pants with me to work that I'd planned on changing into when I got off. At the end of my shift, they were gone! I had left them in the breakroom that morning. Boss laughed and thought it was funny. This offended me. She wasnt going to do anything. Its not like the pants are worth a lot or anything but come on. I have a letter written out in order to request an investigation in which I intend to send to the higher up. My questions are: Should I have called the police? How long do I have after this theft do I have to report to them if I decide to call? I just assume let my employer deal with this, but if they dont...

Beth3

One co-worker stealing from another is a shame but it does happen. Lunches are a frequent target.

Yes, you can report it to the police but I don't know how much of an investigation they would have been able to do and it's going to be impossible now. For the most part, jeans are a low-cost item and ubiquitious. Assuming the SWAT team responded and checked the pants everyone was wearing and searched lockers and cars in the parking lot and uncovered a stray pair, I imagine it would still be hard to prove that the jeans were yours and not someone else's.

Same goes for company management - how would you have liked them to investigate this? If you are in a small workplace, they may have been able to do some immediate checking. If you're in a larger workplace, it might be nearly impossible.

Next time, don't leave personal belongings in the breakroom. Obviously you are working with someone who can't be trusted.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Top 10 Things That Happen When Your Pants Get Stolen - -

NUMBER 10: Has been practicing dropping her pants in front of people in lunch room.

NUMBER 9: The next item up for bid is in my pants!

NUMBER 8: Participate in lame company skit called, "May We Turn Your Pants Into Shorts?"

NUMBER 7: When I look at you, my pants fly in formation.

NUMBER 6: There's a easter parade in my pants . . . wanna go?

NUMBER 5: You've started a revolution in my pants!

NUMBER 4: Your pants are approaching escape velocity.

NUMBER 3: Don't take your pants off. Remember, remember, don't take your pants off. Don't take your pants off.

NUMBER 2: You start singing, "Gotta sing. Gotta dance. Got a rabbid ferret in my pants."

AND, the NUMBER ONE Thing That Happens When Your Pants Get Stolen - -

You giggle uncontrollably when you hear the word subpoena!

IAAL

ibcurious

LMAO

Relish your top ten list IAAL!

Didn't really want to report this to the police anyway. It's just a shame that we have to put up with such nonsense. I guess my letter should be modified into a notification of incident rather than request for investigation. Thank you for your reply Beth3. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">