• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son Concussed In Masonry Class- Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

YOU could have insisted at any point that junior wear a hardhat. YOU are your child's primary caretaker, 24x7. YOU screwed up every bit as much as the school. Own it.
I think this is an unfair characterization, LeeHarveyBlotto. Are you a parent?

When parents enroll their children in school, the parents are entrusting the care of their children to the school. The school takes on both a responsibility for the children and an obligation to the parents. The school needs to ensure the children under their care are not only educated during the school day but also supervised and safe.

To Nick66: You are welcome to take whatever advice and information from this site that you find helpful (if anything) but please, it is better if you just ignore what you find unhelpful or objectionable rather than violate the terms of service with a response. Thanks.

LeeHarveyBlotto

We'll have to disagree, and yes.

When parents enroll their children in school, the parents are entrusting the care of their children to the school.
With the understanding that I am still the child's primary caretaker. Taking him to school doesn't change that. Ever.

The school takes on both a responsibility for the children and an obligation to the parents. The school needs to ensure the children under their care are not only educated during the school day but also supervised and safe.
Yes, and it's my responsibility to make sure they are meeting that obligation.

Last edited:

Just Blue

With the understanding that I am still the child's primary caretaker. Taking him to school doesn't change that. Ever.

Do you make sure your child/ren had on fire retardent suits in Science Class? Or did you, as a parent, expect that the teacher would not allow the bunsun to set your child on fire?

Please excuse any misspellings. :eek:

Blue

quincy

I have no problem with a disagreement here, LHB. We all parent differently.

But I believe Nick66 and his wife ARE trying to get the school to meet what they feel is the school's obligation to their son, and other masonry students, by addressing the hardhat matter. And they have already, apparently, effected change.

That said, my post was actually designed to advise Nick66 to watch what he says on this forum. His last post (directed to you, as a note) was reported for its content. ;)

LdiJ

When parents enroll their children in school, the parents are entrusting the care of their children to the school. The school takes on both a responsibility for the children and an obligation to the parents. The school needs to ensure the children under their care are not only educated during the school day but also supervised and safe.

To Nick66: You are welcome to take whatever advice and information from this site that you find helpful (if anything) but please, it is better if you just ignore what you find unhelpful or objectionable rather than violate the terms of service with a response. Thanks.
I agree. The parents are not present when the class is occurring so they are unable to monitor what is being done. A teenager is very unlikely to wear a hard hat (even if their parents have ordered them to) if the teacher is not requiring everyone else in the class to do the same. I really blame the teacher here. This would be like a chemistry teacher telling the students that they do not have to wear protective goggles when doing experiments. I blame the teacher from both the point of view of the parents AND the point of view of the school. This teacher put both the students and the school at risk.

quincy

As what? Junior? Or your child? Those are the two references: I see nothing objectionable about either.

:confused:
I think it is safe to say that Nick66's post (especially in its unedited form) was a bit of an overreaction to LeeHarveyBlotto's rather-benign comment. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">