• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son getting a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iamskylark

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida Happened in Indiana but they have moved back to Florida. Several months ago, my son grabbed his wife's wrist when they were in an argument. She was trying to walk away and he just wanted her to talk to him. She became very upset then he became upset when he realized it upset her. They called the pastor and he came over and talked to my son. They talked a few times after that as well. Son also took anger management class. Son is filing for divorce. She is verbally abusive to him making him feel stupid. He has learning disabilities. She is pregnant and says he will never see the baby. She has posted on her Facebook that he is an abuser and that all those defending him will see it all in the end. Will he pay for this mistake the rest of his life and not be able to see his baby? She says she knows the system because she has other children by different fathers and none see the children. They were never married and they don't want to see them anyway.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida Happened in Indiana but they have moved back to Florida. Several months ago, my son grabbed his wife's wrist when they were in an argument. She was trying to walk away and he just wanted her to talk to him. She became very upset then he became upset when he realized it upset her. They called the pastor and he came over and talked to my son. They talked a few times after that as well. Son also took anger management class. Son is filing for divorce. She is verbally abusive to him making him feel stupid. He has learning disabilities. She is pregnant and says he will never see the baby. She has posted on her Facebook that he is an abuser and that all those defending him will see it all in the end. Will he pay for this mistake the rest of his life and not be able to see his baby? She says she knows the system because she has other children by different fathers and none see the children. They were never married and they don't want to see them anyway.
He needs to file for custody of his child.

iamskylark

He needs to file for custody of his child.
He plans to do so. He has a house he has owned since before they were married (married 1 year) and he has always had a steady job. She hasn't held a job for more than 6 months and hasn't worked more than a couple of weeks since marriage so he is hoping that will work in his favor. I just worry about her making these allegations.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He plans to do so. He has a house he has owned since before they were married (married 1 year) and he has always had a steady job. She hasn't held a job for more than 6 months and hasn't worked more than a couple of weeks since marriage so he is hoping that will work in his favor. I just worry about her making these allegations.
NOpe. Money doesn't matter. She has to prove the allegations. And truthfully, you need to stay out of the situation.

iamskylark

NOpe. Money doesn't matter. She has to prove the allegations. And truthfully, you need to stay out of the situation.
I am simply trying to get information for me. I don't want him to lose his child and don't want to worry if I don't need to do so.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I am simply trying to get information for me. I don't want him to lose his child and don't want to worry if I don't need to do so.
We do not have a crystal ball - we cannot tell you if Mom will up and leave never to be found again, or whether she's going to be DIL Of The Year and put her child first.

Seriously, I know you're concerned but you're not part of their ball-game and there is absolutely nothing to be gained by fretting about something you cannot control.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Son is filing for divorce.
He needs an attorney.

This will obviously cost money, but he needs to look out for his rights and not get screwed. An experienced divorce attorney will help him get through this with the best possible outcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">