• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son got hurt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PMB57

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

We live in Louisiana, but my son got hurt in Mississippi. He went with a friend and family to vist friends grandparents. Arrived on Sunday evening and got hurt on Monday morning. Playing around on a three wheeler, flipped it, flew out with three wheeler landing on him. Returned home on Tuesday evening complaining of hurting in shoulder area. I took him to the ER and found out that he had a broken Scapula which will more than likely need surgery. Is the grandparents insurance responsible? How do I go about getting them to pay without going to a lawyer?

H

hmmbrdzz

To PMB57: Please be advised that the response you have received from RCQB is not related to your problem and is advertisement only and is in violation of posting rules.
Viewing and/or installing software can damage your computer. Efforts to remove the postings of RCQB are underway.

I hope someone responds to your initial problem shortly.

M

mzneedajob

your insurance should cover the surgery if need be. this was a playful injury. not a car accident. and if you need assistance with deductibles, maybe the grandparents/family/friends will help. why would you want to sue ? in the meantime, what if they call thier homeowner and accidental insurance carriers. (just a suggestion)

ALawyer

I am not sure whether of not you or your son have a claim (such as for negligence for poor supervision by the grandparents, assuming there was a duty to supervise, or the other kid's parents, especially if they knew their kid was a monster, or for the property owner if a faulty driveway contributed to the accident, etc. or anyone else, just because an accident occurred.

BUT a Mississippi lawyer who deals in auto accidents / personal injury matters would be able to tell you if s/he thinks there is a basis for a claim and if the damages are sufficient to make suit worthwhile.

Other peoples' Insurance companies just don't pay third party claims absent some liability on the part of their insured.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">