• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son has bench warrent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rkvet

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My son, until his marriage last week was the single father of 3 small boys, due to his upcoming marriage, he forgot to appear in court on a "rule to show cause" as to why he hasn't paid a debt he owes, (there is a judgement on this). [he is unemployed, a construction truck driver, and work is sporatic at best]

Upon returning from his honeymoon (LOL-camping trip with THEIR 6 kids} he has found out a bench warrent had been issued and bond would be $772.00. There is just no way that they have the money at this time! Is there anything he can do. The collection agency refuses to work with him, now or at any time in the past year.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

He now has 6 kids, a new wife, "forgets" to go to court, and now has a warrant for his arrest?

Yes, there's something he can do . . .

He can go around town with the word "LOSER" tattooed to his forehead.

IAAL

Last edited:
R

rkvet

Hardly helpful! He fought for and received custody of his three children, all under age 5, baby being 5 months, to keep them from an abusing, neglectful mother. He has raised them alone for the last 3 years. [and no, mom is not current, by a long shot, on her child support ] So many men would rather try to skip out on their responsibilities with their children. Yes he should have dealt with this situtation better, he didn'tNOT WHAT I WOULD TERM A LOSER!!!!

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rkvet said:
Hardly helpful! He fought for and received custody of his three children, all under age 5, baby being 5 months, to keep them from an abusing, neglectful mother. He has raised them alone for the last 3 years. [and no, mom is not current, by a long shot, on her child support ] Not quite a loser! So many men would rather try to skip out on their responsibilities with their children. Yes he should have dealt with this situtation better, he didn't.
My response:

So, what does your unemployed son and you want? The Medal of Valor?

It was his decision to marry someone with 3 of her own children, right along with the added expense. On top of that, he's an unemployed itinerant worker. Then, on top of that, he forgets to go to court as ordered - - in effect, telling the judge to "go screw yourself."

Well, what does he want?

Your son, by doing what he did, and when he could least afford it, says something about him - - doesn't it?

Yes, repeat after me . . .

"My son is a loser."

IAAL

M

michael parks

He has the money to get married, picks a woman with 3 kids and she has NO MONEY either, and then goes on a camping trip but nothing left over to pay his debt to the court.

Loser is the correct word in this case.

So mom its up to YOU to bail out your son, oh dont tell me you're broke too!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">