• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son out of home - can't get off insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sguez

Illinois, Chicago.

My son, 20, is a sophomore in Arizona State. He used to have his car and insurance. He sold it.

Now Libertry Mutual started charging me for him as a secondary driver a lot of money.

The son comes home for 5 days a year. Hardly drives.

What can I do?

Thx in adv.

djohnson

pay it.

It's normal for insurance to go up because of younger people in the home. Even though to you he is not in the home it is technically his address and he does not have his policy.

S

sguez

I like the brevity. "Pay it" :)

Technically his address is Arizona - that's on his DL. Doesn't it make any difference?

tammy8

If your son gets his own policy you should have no problems getting him off your insurance. Just call your agent with the info on your son's insurance company, policy number and effective date of the policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">