• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son seriously hurt in auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

willie1

i am from pa. my son was in a auto accident 7 weeks ago, he was thrown from the bed of the truck that he was riding in. he was taken to emergency room where they had to do a emerg. tracheomatry on him in the emergency room. he broke his jaw in 4 places plus a eye socket plus he severly dislocated his ankle. he was in intensive care for 3 days. the odd thing is that we have not heard from his insurance company at all. is this because we have the same company? they have already used up my car insurance and now they say the rest will have to go on my health ins. from my job. the driver was chaeged with dui and speeding 85 in a 40 plus 3 counts of aggravated assault with a vehicle. there was 4 people in back of truck and 3 in the cab. everyone was ejected but the driver. my son had the worse injuries but all 7 did get hurt.my son turned 18 a week after accident. is there any compensation for the parents? my wife has nightmares every night since the accident. plus she took off work for a month to to take care of him. he is a senior in high school this year. thanks

ALawyer

This is potentially a MAJOR case, that any good Personal Injury or Auto Accident lawyer would love to handle. You can not handle it yourself and the insurance company is NOT your friend. It will screw you. (And I formerly worked for a huge insurance company.) Go to the questions on FreeAdvice.com under accidents and auto accidents and read them - all of them. Then go to AttorneyPages.com and select a lawyer -- that site is endorsed by the Trial Lawyers Association of America.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

P

Pacitizen

This needs repeated and heeded it can't be stressed enough..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>This is potentially a MAJOR case, that any good Personal Injury or Auto Accident lawyer would love to handle. You can not handle it yourself and the insurance company is NOT your friend. It will screw you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't want to step on any toes but I'd like to offer some first hand knowelege
Only a few areas of Pa. are covered on the Attorneypages.com site. What area are you in?
You need a GOOD Personal Injury Atty. ASAP.
A GOOD PI Atty will be able to refer you to previous clients that are willing to endorse him. Find one who will gladly do so. Say nothing to anyone.. Esp. the Ins. Co. and sign nothing. Find that PI Atty that is a proven litigator and find out everything you can about PI Law in this no fault commonwealth. I was forced to become versed in it due to a careless driver. I'm not an Atty I'm a victim fortunate enough to have found a GOOD PI trial Atty.

The statute to file in Pa. is normaly 2 years. Injured minors can defer as long as it takes till they reach 18. In addition, since the other driver is also a DUI defendant, you are provided more rights and leeway.

There IS compensation for certain significant others who are affected by the victims injuries. Tell your Atty in adition to all other damages you want compensation for "loss of companionship". Each eligible person makes a seperate claim. He should be able to advise you as to the conditions and requirements to make the claims as strong as possible. Ins. Companies pay little regard to them (as well as everything else but their bottom line).

You have my sympathies and prayers for a quick and full recovery. I'm in the Pgh area If I can help I will gladly.

Another Pa. Citizen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">