• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son stab with pencil

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tammy40

I LIVE PENNSYLVANIA AND MY 10 YEAROLD SON WAS IN SCHOOL AND BEING HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THESE OTHER BOYS FOR THE LAST THREE MONTHS BY THEM FIGHTING WITH HIM IN THE CLASS ROOM AND IN THE LUNCH ROOM I ASKED SEVERAL TIMES TO REMOVE HIM FROM THAT CLASS BUT THEY WOULDNT UNTIL NOW HE WAS IN LINE AND THESE BOYS ATTACKED HIM BUY STABBING HIM WITH A PENCIL JUST ABOVE THE EYE WE DIDNT WANT STITCHES BUT THEY USED THE NEW GLUE SO MAYBE HE WONT HAVE ANY SCAR. HE WENT FROM BEING AN HONOR STUDENT TO GETTING D'S NOW I HEAR THAT THE SCHOOL DIDNT SUSPENED THE OTHER STUDENTS FOR THE HORRIBLE ATTACK (HE COULD HAVE LOST AN EYE IT WAS ONLY AN INCH AWAY) THE SCHOOL DID NOT NOTIFIED THE POLICE BUT I DID AND NOW THIER TREATING MY SON IN AN AWFUL MANNER BY NOT EVEN TALKING TO HIM OR UPDATING DATING US ON ANY PUNISHMENT FOR THESE OTHER STUDENTS. CAN I SUE THE SCHOOL AND THE PARENT OF THE CHILD WHO STAB MY SON??

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney-client relationship.

First of all, what a comment on how students are reacting in more violent ways nowadays in school. What a bigger tragedy these school officials obviously have not learned from the rash of school killings growing around the country and attacking our youth.

You can sue the school for improper and possibly prejudicial punihsment practices. You can sue the school district and the individual school administrators involved.

Next, you CAN sue the parents. Let me explain how. Usually, when a child commits a voluntary and purposeful act such as the stabbing on another person, the parent of that child is not usually responsible for these intentional acts. HOWEVER, as I suspect the case to be here, the parents CAN be sued themselves, if they had ANY reason to believe, suspect or know their children have such violent, angry and/or harmful behaviors. If they have "notice" of such behavior and did not bother notifying or warning
the school, school district, individual teachers and administrators or even the parents of the children in the class.

Immediately get an attorney experienced with this type of assault and battery and familiar with school litigation.
Keep all medical records and bills, ask to have your child interviewed as to pain and suffering he is feeling and have felt. Everyone in the family who have witnessed his pain should get notarized affadivits, as well.

Keep the medical bills to have the proper defendants who are named reimburse you!

Hope this helps. You can find an attorney in your state at attorneypages.com.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">