• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son used another license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gmoxman

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Virginia

19 year old ticketed for reckless driving. When stopped he showed the license that belonged to his 21 year old brother. He signed the ticket with the name of his brother. What laws have been broken? Any advice?

nb367300

so, the 19 year old IMPERSONATED the 21 year old, and you ask what laws have been broken??? I am NOT qualified to give legal advice but I would say this is quite serious.

Last edited:

it won't me

He comitted Forgery of Public Document (felony), Unlawful Name Change (misd), and Obstruction of Justice (misd). Usually a judge will let them plead to the Obstruction with a stiff fine in order to keep them from getting a felony conviction. I would guess that the 19 year old has a suspended OL as well, unless he just don't like his brother?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">