• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SON

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ash29

Georgia is my state.
Hi I'm ash. I am a filipina who married a U.S citizen, I am currently in the U.S right now and just got married. I have a son from my previous relationship, he's 4years old. On his birth certificate it's me who is his mother and the father is my ex. Me and my ex did not legally married, we're just living in together that time.My son brought the name of my ex. My ex died already 3 years ago. Will I have any problem bringing my son here? Do i need to change his lastname? Do we need to adopt him? Any words from you will be a big help to me, thanks.

LdiJ

Georgia is my state.
Hi I'm ash. I am a filipina who married a U.S citizen, I am currently in the U.S right now and just got married. I have a son from my previous relationship, he's 4years old. On his birth certificate it's me who is his mother and the father is my ex. Me and my ex did not legally married, we're just living in together that time.My son brought the name of my ex. My ex died already 3 years ago. Will I have any problem bringing my son here? Do i need to change his lastname? Do we need to adopt him? Any words from you will be a big help to me, thanks.
You need a consult with an immigration attorney.

adjusterjack

Will I have any problem bringing my son here? Do i need to change his lastname? Do we need to adopt him? Any words from you will be a big help to me, thanks.
If your main concern (and it should be) is getting your son into the US I suggest you start with the USCIS website. There is a help-chat feature at the top when you open the page. Ask questions about the process and keep a screen shot of the conversation for reference.

https://www.uscis.gov/

Don't be too concerned about name change and adoption. That can happen later.

Getting him to the US legally should be your priority.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">