• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son's dad home from Army..he thinks he is boss now!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zoyastarbuck

My son's father left for the Army when he found out I was pregnant. We both were young (I was 17 and he was 18). He has been gone 6 years and has not established the father/son bond with our son. He came home(to Wisconsin) 3 weeks ago by his mothers and it has been pure hell. My son has been visiting his father's mother for a while taking speech therapy classes. He calls me up and yells at me on why his son disrespects him. He calls me to tell ask why our son doesnt listen to him.He calls me to tell me why didnt I teach him any table manners. He calls me to tell me that his son says he hates him. He calls me up to tell me that he doesnt believe that he should pay as much child support and shouldnt have to provide medical insurance due to the fact that he is "LETTING ME" take his son to Illinois to live with his brother. Remember he has only been home 3 weeks...He wanted to take our son all through this summer when our son was looking so forward to finially being able to come home to his new house in IL after he was gone away from mommy and his baby brother for awhile( visiting grandma and taking speech classes). That would have broke my baby's heart.It would have been a diffrent story if he kept in touch with us. My son is uncomfortable with him becasue he doesnt know him and his father bosses him around like he is in the Army. He is only 5 years old. Is it wrong for me to tell his father that he may see him every other weekend (I am fully aware that he has the right to see him)and when he can show me he can be a father to him and when our son gets a better fell for him, then we can talk about him taking our son for a longer time period? I dont want my baby to get hurt. I want the both of them to have a relationship more than anything in this world. If someone kept me away from my dad, I would go crazy!!!! I believe if he wants a relationship with his son he needs to start slowly and become a friend to him first. I am very protective of my children. If anyone has any ideas on how to deal with this PLEASE let me know!! Thanks!!

Z

zoyastarbuck

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT THIS SITUATION????? I DONT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THIS SITUATION. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!

G

Grandma B

Is the child support he is paying court-ordered and does he have court-ordered visitation?

Z

zoyastarbuck

Yes, the child support is court ordered. We dont have any visitation set up because he was gone before his son was born, which was 5 years ago. The father just came home 3 weeks ago. How do I deal with him???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">