• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sons loans and assets vs My CH 7 Fla

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Robb212

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?
Florida:
I will be filing for Chapter 7 in Florida. My Son who still lives at home and goes to college started a lawn business. I had to put the business in the name of "Robb212 and Sons" to get a license and liability insurance. He was only 17 at the time.

I bought a trailer and a mower for the business. He later borrowed money from his grandfather for truck repairs and an additional mower. He does most all of the work. I help when he gets behind.

Question is: Would I have to declare the mowers as assets, and his loan as well, or would the stuff be his property not mine.

The mowers I bought for him have a value of 2500, the mower he bought has a value of 5000, with a loan to grandfather for 7500.
Because this is all under my roof am I responcible to declare all the mowers and the loan. What is the best way to set this up prior to filing Chapter 7 in Florida? Real Legal Advise Please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">