• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sorry, another easement question!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have read several response to easement questions, but still have a question. I was awarded the easement to my property in my divorce and it is recorded on the deed under my name. I recently put up a no trespassing sign at the end of my easement. The sign was really referring to my yard/home, but would like for people to not drive down the easement w/out permission also. I am aware of the utilty companies and such. My ex husband who lives right across the road is an alcoholic and "slightly off balance" and decided it was a personal insult to him for some reason and sat at the end of the easement blocking my coming and going for over an hour the other night and when I asked him to move he said I needed to learn the meaning of an easement. I called the sherriff's office and they said they would ask him to move, but they didn't know the laws of the easement. He does have property that adjoins the easement, but has access to his property w/out using the easement. Do I have any privacy rights to help me with this situation in case he makes a habit of this? Thanks for any advice.

HomeGuru

hereintexas said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I have read several response to easement questions, but still have a question. I was awarded the easement to my property in my divorce and it is recorded on the deed under my name. I recently put up a no trespassing sign at the end of my easement. The sign was really referring to my yard/home, but would like for people to not drive down the easement w/out permission also. I am aware of the utilty companies and such. My ex husband who lives right across the road is an alcoholic and "slightly off balance" and decided it was a personal insult to him for some reason and sat at the end of the easement blocking my coming and going for over an hour the other night and when I asked him to move he said I needed to learn the meaning of an easement. I called the sherriff's office and they said they would ask him to move, but they didn't know the laws of the easement. He does have property that adjoins the easement, but has access to his property w/out using the easement. Do I have any privacy rights to help me with this situation in case he makes a habit of this? Thanks for any advice.

**A: confusing.......hire your own attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">