• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sorry i posted at wrong place

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

txtea37

What is the name of your state?Texas
i need to know what we can do ?
my step daughter was a straight A student and what iam wondering is there anyway we can keep her from to her moms until she brings her grades up.she was doing so good until she started seeing her mom on visitation time i need to know as soon as possible we are fixing to go on spring break plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

txtea37 said:
my step daughter was a straight A student and what iam wondering is there anyway we can keep her from to her moms until she brings her grades up.she was doing so good until she started seeing her mom on visitation time i need to know as soon as possible we are fixing to go on spring break plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

My response:

There's nothing you can do, legally. Besides, you have no rights when it comes to the child. Simply, you're not the child's parent.

IAAL

Phnx02

txtea37 said:
You're kidding right? You want to bar a child from seeing her mother simply because her grades are down?
You take away video games or phone privaledges for something like this.....not keeping the kid from her parent! Maybe her grades dropped the same time she started seeing mom was a coincidence? If there is something else going on, sit the girl down and talk to her. She may have unresolved emotional issues attached to seeing her mother, or something totally unrelated going on in her personal life that's affecting her school performance.
Talk to her!

txtea37

Texas
no i dont want to ban her from going to her mothers we are just concerned.i was asking the question for her dad i know i dont have the right to say. i have been with them for 3 yrs. i have raised the baby since he was 6months. the mother walked out on them. and now she is interested in them.i am just worried about her that is all i dont want her to flunk she is to smart.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Then make sure that she's getting her work done, studying as she should, etc. If she's conflicted about rebuilding her relationship with Mom, take her to a counselor. But reinforce that failing grades are not acceptable.

How old is she?

txtea37 said:
my step daughter was a straight A student and what iam wondering is there anyway we can keep her from to her moms until she brings her grades up.
What? Is there a CO? If so, you guys may find yourselfs in contempt if you are not following it. And NO, you don't use the kid's mother for that!!!!!!

txtea37

Texas
she has just turned 11 yrs old. she does do her homework but she just dont turn it in.the reason i am writing this is because i am doing it for her dad. she and i are close she knows that i dont want to take the place of her mom. but i am here to be her friend and someone she can talk to i am just worried about her that she may flunk,thanks everyone for yalls advice we are going to see about going to councler.

So the message you are sending this child is that her mother is responsible instead of being responsible for herself? That's a bit silly. What are you trying to teach this child? How do you know she isn't just assuming that she can slack off on her school work now that she spends more time with her mom? Maybe she's testing her to see if her mom will impose the same rules that are imposed in your household? How about being adults and getting together with the mother to work towards a solution. Working together is so much more effective.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Then you impose consequences for not handing in her work. But those consequences should not include cancelling visitation with Mom. EVER. This is a pretty normal problem to be having. Learn to handle it in a more constructive way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">