• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sour Employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1Curious Mind

What is the name of your state? California

I am a salaried manager with the responsibility of terminating employees. I recently terminated a disgruntled employee who his now calling in to currently employed associates claiming that I have not only slept with one of my employees but have shared the initimate details with her and since she doesn't work there anymore she can share all of it with everyone. I'm not concerned with the accuracy of this information, as I know it is not true, but I am concerned with this information spreading around the building and destroying my reputation.

Can I sue her personally without getting my company involved?

BelizeBreeze

1Curious Mind said:
What is the name of your state? California

I am a salaried manager with the responsibility of terminating employees. I recently terminated a disgruntled employee who his now calling in to currently employed associates claiming that I have not only slept with one of my employees but have shared the initimate details with her and since she doesn't work there anymore she can share all of it with everyone. I'm not concerned with the accuracy of this information, as I know it is not true, but I am concerned with this information spreading around the building and destroying my reputation.

Can I sue her personally without getting my company involved?
Of course you can sue her. Anyone can sue just about anyone these days. Whether you will win or not depends on your state statutes.

However, based on what you have posted here, you have about as much chance of winning as your company does in staying out of it.

Tell your employees to not take calls from her anylonger.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">