• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sovernity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nakeia

What is the name of your state? Washington, DC

Does anyone know anything about sovernity as a means of reducing/eliminating taxes on property? What does it mean?

Thank you for any info you can supply. :confused: NB

HUD-1

Groups with sovereign authority that I am aware of are native americans. The recognized indian tribes have reservations that are sovereign nations. They have their own laws and are not subject to property taxes. Perhaps this is what you are referring to???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Sovereignty, in and of itself, is not a means of raising or lowering taxes. Sovereignty means that a nation, state, county or city has the freedom, within the bounds of the Federal and State Constitutions, to govern itself without intrusion, to make its own laws - - and that includes setting tax rates.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">