• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SOYO rebate problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ledopmi

What is the name of your state? Texas

Last year in October I purchased a bare bones computer from Tiger Direct. It had three rebates from SOYO. One $20 rebate was online, and the other two were mail in. ($20 and $50)
I recieved the online rebate a few weeks later but never recieved the mail in rebates. I contacted SOYO and they told me they never recieved the rebate information from me. They asked me to re-submit everything. This was after many emails to them.
I sent the rebates again and heard nothing. After two months with no response, I e-mailed them to find out what the status was. This was the first of June by now. I recieved no response. I must have sent close to 100 emails over the next two months before they finally responded. They told me again that they never recieved the rebate information. I replied to them that I am really angry and I want my money. I then recieved a response from them that they sent my checks out in Feburary (for the rebates they never recieved.) SOYO said they will send new checks after they verify the other two were not cashed.
A few weeks later I recieved two $20 checks. I emailed them again to let them know that one check was supposed to be $50.
Their response was "we do not have your information. Please re-submit everything"
My wife called their 'customer service' and they told her that they have nothing on record for me. They never sent us any checks. Then they asked her to fax copies of the checks to them which we did. The next response from SOYO was "We have never offered a $50 rebate and you can't prove we did."
My wife told her that we still have a copy of the rebate form, and the woman from SOYO told her to fax them the copy.

I have not done this yet, because I am really fed up with their attitude and their lying. I don't even really care about the money anymore. I want them to pay. I want it to hurt. They should not treat a customer like this.

What can I do? Is there a way I can make them pay a very very large fine?

kevinfor

how much is your time worth to you?
do you still have the two $20 checks.. if so cash them ASAP.. and then try for the $10 one.

Sure if you want to file a complaint contact the Federal Trade commission.. (FTC.GOV) your complaint will be added the the 1000's they recieve on a daily bases.. good news.. maybe if 10,000 people complain with this exact issue with this specific company. they will investigate.. this will take 12-18months.. another 20-30months for the legal case.. they will of course settle "out of court" as a class action suit.. and you will recieve a check (if your lucky) for $50 cash.. or more then likely.. you'll get a $50 discount coupon.. from SOYO to apply for a future purchase, at full retail price.

your of course, your are welcome to hire an attorney at $150hr to followup with them.. or since 99% of businesses outsource this whole "rebate processing" a letter to the CEO of the USA Division of the company.. or follow up with the better business bureau

sorry I've been scammed so many times on mail-in-rebates.. I carefully read the items..do everything right.. the checks never arrive (except rebates from Microsoft always arrive quickly.. probably because they are one of the few companies acctually making $$$ and everybody is suing them for something.. it's worth actually giving me my $30 rebate so I'll "just go away" -vs- having the FTC or another government agency going after them

Kevin :eek:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">