• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speaking to a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bpolarbear

What is the name of your state? CA

I had an insurance claim not to long ago. I was robbed. The insurnace company was investigating the claim. They called my home and spoke to my daughter who is 13 years old. They asked her questions in regards to the break in. Is that legal for them to ask her questions without parental permission first?

HomeGuru

bpolarbear said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I had an insurance claim not to long ago. I was robbed. The insurnace company was investigating the claim. They called my home and spoke to my daughter who is 13 years old. They asked her questions in regards to the break in. Is that legal for them to ask her questions without parental permission first?
**A: what were the questions?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And did they know she was 13? Or were they just speaking with the person who answered the phone?

B

bpolarbear

They knew who they were talking to and that she was a minor.

B

bpolarbear

They asked her questions about the break in. What she knew to be stolen and who may have done it. All was fine with that but I was wondering if they had a right to talk to her being that she was a minor.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not aware of any law that says an insurance company can't talk to you until you're 18.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">