• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Special Needs Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Round_&_Round

I live in NJ and have a Special Needs Trust that a close family member is in charge of. This family member is having a very hard time finding out the rules for how I can spend the trust money.

He has been to a lawyer about this problem and had received very little information (not the lawyers fault!) on this subject.

He has also talked with several other people for advice but has received different answers each time.

He does know the basics of the rules, for instance I cannot use the trust money for food, clothing, rent, utilities, etc. But he is confused about me paying off my credit card, doctor bills and paying back a loan from my Mom with the trust.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">