• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

special property tax assessment questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmw4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I am being assessed over $13,000.00 for road and water main improvements.
According to the City of Annandale Assessment Policies they can not put an assessment on that causes undue financial hardship. I will lose my house because of this assessment and have to sell it for less to boot! Since I bought my house 5 years ago it has already depreciated over $25,000. This additional assessment would negate any existing equity.

Also: That City Council Assessment policy states that the property has to gain special benefit from the improvement and that the assessment of the improvement can not exceed the special benefit. This project does not provide my property with any special benefit. The road being re-done is not a residential street...it is a "through" street connecting State Hwys 24 and Hwy 55. A good portion of the traffic is semi trucks, cement trucks, buses, and non local traffic. Why do i have to pay for the road that would not even need repair if not for all the heavy traffic?

PLEASE HELP! Other residents have financial concerns regarding the cost of this project and may lose their homes. Is there a CLASS ACTION suit we can take to get the city to pay for this with other resources? Or at least a majority of it?

Last edited:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I am being assessed over $13,000.00 for road and water main improvements.
According to the City of Annandale Assessment Policies they can not put an assessment on that causes undue financial hardship. I will lose my house because of this assessment and have to sell it for less to boot! Since I bought my house 5 years ago it has already depreciated over $25,000. This additional assessment would negate any existing equity.

Also: That City Council Assessment policy states that the property has to gain special benefit from the improvement and that the assessment of the improvement can not exceed the special benefit. This project does not provide my property with any special benefit. The road being re-done is not a residential street...it is a "through" street connecting State Hwys 24 and Hwy 55. A good portion of the traffic is semi trucks, cement trucks, buses, and non local traffic. Why do i have to pay for the road that would not even need repair if not for all the heavy traffic?

PLEASE HELP! Other residents have financial concerns regarding the cost of this project and may lose their homes. Is there a CLASS ACTION suit we can take to get the city to pay for this with other resources? Or at least a majority of it?
would this increase your yearly taxes by about 100 bucks a year?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">