• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Special regulations for dangerous dog owners but no record of dangerous found

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

... I am wondering where they got 36 citations. But even with the best of intentions, with fully vaccinated dogs, this OP would have had a handful. regardless of how friendly and socialized the dogs were to "seventeen year olds" (which sounds lots better than kids or teengers, doesn't it? ) Truth is, there was potential for these dogs to get loose, and when they get out in a group, dogs tend to get wild with each other, and can be dangerous and do real harm.

And when that handful, be it six or five or whatever got loose, apparently they did some real damage, and exhibited pack behaviors, and there are some real problems that have happened. No bite is a "minor" bite Being bitten is NO fun! I would think that the OP desperately needs legal advice, and needs to pass off about three fourths of these animals, if they ever get them back, to someone else. And in the future, do not have litters of puppies and keep more than one or two past early puppyhood. Have the dogs you're going to keep spayed and neutered and do not try to become the dog sanctuary of the world. This is not unsympathetic advice here, I do so understand loving dogs and thinking you can handle lots of them. I have the scars to prove it.
Various cities and counties in Texas have stricter dog regulations than the State and these regulations can include a limit on how many dogs or cats a single household can have (for example, Fort Worth restricts a pet owner to 3 dogs and 3 cats over the age of 8 weeks) and the ordinances can include leash laws, pet licensing, pet registration.

So aj7467 may have been cited for several violations of local ordinances as well as state laws. With the number of dogs that got loose and the number of dog bite victims, I can see how the violations could add up.

Having an attorney would be smart.

aj7467

First of all everything i said is true. the reason i had a litter of pups was the rescue, they were actually their dogs. The original owner surrendered all of them to the rescue, but I was told to keep them until they fully vetted and shipped out which i have done before, but these pups were sick and my rescue never moved forward with vetting always saying yea we need to get to that and no i wasn't pushing issue. Dangerous dog is described as unprovoked, and the police stated that there was provacation because they shot at them with rubber bullets and pepper spray and it was ten dogs. i only had five. The reason shots not given was they were the rescues dogs not mine i was hoping to keep them cux i had them so long but was never given answer to it. I was very cooperative with police it was animal control that was rude and ugly, telling me that i was lying that all ten were mine and that i allowed this to happen and denied any use of pepper spray or rubber bullets used plus the two that came running around the corner did stop at sound of my commands. and they were in my van for almost three hours while these incidents occured. there were mo witness or victim statements at all with any descriptions of anything. there was nothing. i was given quarrntine options of stay at local vet, decapitating for testing, or owner surrender for euthansia. i choose the vet stay and that is when my employer was called to the scene and she is the one who brought me owner surrender papers telling me sign or lose my job because it was a liabilityt for the rescue because she knew that they were the rescues dogs not mine really but i took the fall for it and took 19 citations on site, which five of them were for maintaining viscious dog which my dogs had never been declared dangerous to suddenly be called viscious. Second, no not one person said anything about dangerous dog or declarations or regs. i found that out by reading on it. They admitted on the stand stating they do not follow regs because they do not have sworn statements or descriptions of dogs on record. My question is can a court legally justify making me abode by dangerous dog regs if nobody has declared dogs dangerous. The court is saying i need yo pay fines, fees and everything due to my dogs being declared dangerous, but the record clearly states animal control did not make this declaration of dangerousness by their own admission and yhey tried to get the court to deem them dangerous but fourt ruled no jurisdiction to deem dogs dangerous because it was not an appeal case therfore nobody deemed dogs dangerous and in fact there is no rescription of any dog to any incident on record at all because all recorded hearings were suddenly erased when questioned about the animal controls admission of not following regs. i talk a lot about itu so i make sure i include everything and anybodys dogs can get out of a yard so dont act like that doesnt happen. i came for opinion on a case and instead you call me a liar and put me down for things that were out of my control like vaccination and for a mistake that a kid made by leaving gate ajar. Never sticking to the fact that i said there were ten dogs according to animal control but onlyfive were mine or that nobody declared dangerous. This is not an opinionated form this is a group of people who try to find flaws in the story so that they can make an issue of it yo make the person who asked feel out numbered and defeated. Guess what it didnt work. I only asked to get second opinion not to get yhe answer I know is correct but thanks I really didnt need anything from you guys. BTW, no i couldnt afford lawyer, but lawyers actually work for the courts not the people anyways. Good Day!

quincy

First of all everything i said is true. the reason i had a litter of pups was the rescue, they were actually their dogs. The original owner surrendered all of them to the rescue, but I was told to keep them until they fully vetted and shipped out which i have done before, but these pups were sick and my rescue never moved forward with vetting always saying yea we need to get to that and no i wasn't pushing issue. Dangerous dog is described as unprovoked, and the police stated that there was provacation because they shot at them with rubber bullets and pepper spray and it was ten dogs. i only had five. The reason shots not given was they were the rescues dogs not mine i was hoping to keep them cux i had them so long but was never given answer to it. I was very cooperative with police it was animal control that was rude and ugly, telling me that i was lying that all ten were mine and that i allowed this to happen and denied any use of pepper spray or rubber bullets used plus the two that came running around the corner did stop at sound of my commands. and they were in my van for almost three hours while these incidents occured. there were mo witness or victim statements at all with any descriptions of anything. there was nothing. i was given quarrntine options of stay at local vet, decapitating for testing, or owner surrender for euthansia. i choose the vet stay and that is when my employer was called to the scene and she is the one who brought me owner surrender papers telling me sign or lose my job because it was a liabilityt for the rescue because she knew that they were the rescues dogs not mine really but i took the fall for it and took 19 citations on site, which five of them were for maintaining viscious dog which my dogs had never been declared dangerous to suddenly be called viscious. Second, no not one person said anything about dangerous dog or declarations or regs. i found that out by reading on it. They admitted on the stand stating they do not follow regs because they do not have sworn statements or descriptions of dogs on record. My question is can a court legally justify making me abode by dangerous dog regs if nobody has declared dogs dangerous. The court is saying i need yo pay fines, fees and everything due to my dogs being declared dangerous, but the record clearly states animal control did not make this declaration of dangerousness by their own admission and yhey tried to get the court to deem them dangerous but fourt ruled no jurisdiction to deem dogs dangerous because it was not an appeal case therfore nobody deemed dogs dangerous and in fact there is no rescription of any dog to any incident on record at all because all recorded hearings were suddenly erased when questioned about the animal controls admission of not following regs. i talk a lot about itu so i make sure i include everything and anybodys dogs can get out of a yard so dont act like that doesnt happen. i came for opinion on a case and instead you call me a liar and put me down for things that were out of my control like vaccination and for a mistake that a kid made by leaving gate ajar. Never sticking to the fact that i said there were ten dogs according to animal control but onlyfive were mine or that nobody declared dangerous. This is not an opinionated form this is a group of people who try to find flaws in the story so that they can make an issue of it yo make the person who asked feel out numbered and defeated. Guess what it didnt work. I only asked to get second opinion not to get yhe answer I know is correct but thanks I really didnt need anything from you guys. BTW, no i couldnt afford lawyer, but lawyers actually work for the courts not the people anyways. Good Day!
Thank you for the update.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">