• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Specific overdue amount required?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my ex is psycho

What is the name of your state? GA

This probably varies from state to state, so how do I check for my state? I am wondering how overdue, or what amount overdue, child support has to be before you can take the NCP to court? Is it a certain amount, or a certain time period without payment? Do arrearages count, or does it start new from the last time we went to court?

A little background on the situation, we recently went to court and NCP was found to be more than $20,000 overdue. He was sent to jail until he came up with $5000. He was released and told to start payments May 1. So far, nothing has come.. big surprise there.. :mad: I would have thought they would make him pay through CSE, but no- I guess they believed him when he said he would start.... after 3 years of no payments- how much more proof do they need to see he won't???

So, if we have to take him back a few more times, I have no problem with that. Maybe I can get my money in four payments of $5000... ;)

Does anyone know of a website for GA that has the laws re: child support and info? TIA!

That is an excellent question! My ex was ordered to pay CS in August 2005. I have not gotten 1 cent! He owes me like 6000$ and he refuses to pay, BUT know I have Support Kids on his butt, maybe you should contact them(www.supportkids.com). They are awesome! But I just started that, like 1 mth ago and they are hounding him. Good Luck to both of us :rolleyes:

my ex is psycho said:
What is the name of your state? GA

This probably varies from state to state, so how do I check for my state? I am wondering how overdue, or what amount overdue, child support has to be before you can take the NCP to court? Is it a certain amount, or a certain time period without payment? Do arrearages count, or does it start new from the last time we went to court?

A little background on the situation, we recently went to court and NCP was found to be more than $20,000 overdue. He was sent to jail until he came up with $5000. He was released and told to start payments May 1. So far, nothing has come.. big surprise there.. :mad: I would have thought they would make him pay through CSE, but no- I guess they believed him when he said he would start.... after 3 years of no payments- how much more proof do they need to see he won't???

So, if we have to take him back a few more times, I have no problem with that. Maybe I can get my money in four payments of $5000... ;)

Does anyone know of a website for GA that has the laws re: child support and info? TIA!
I advise you to go file contempt charges again, and this time ask for a jail sentence, and a $10 a day fine for late support. If the jail time doesn't get his attention, the $10 a day will!

Starry809

you're using "support kids"?
I feel for you. That was one decision that you will definately regret.

timsgurlfurlife said:
That is an excellent question! My ex was ordered to pay CS in August 2005. I have not gotten 1 cent! He owes me like 6000$ and he refuses to pay, BUT know I have Support Kids on his butt, maybe you should contact them(www.supportkids.com). They are awesome! But I just started that, like 1 mth ago and they are hounding him. Good Luck to both of us :rolleyes:

my ex is psycho

>>advise you to go file contempt charges again, and this time ask for a jail sentence, and a $10 a day fine for late support. If the jail time doesn't get his attention, the $10 a day will!<<

Do I have to wait until he is a certain amount behind before I file contempt?

>>you're using "support kids"?
I feel for you. That was one decision that you will definately regret. <<

WHY?? What is wrong with them??

Starry809

go to your search engine and type in Support Kids and lawsuits.. or something of the sort. Itll answer your question.
1) once you sign, you cannot request they drop your case. the only way to stop it is to GO there before their board and request it, then they can refuse for no reason.
2) it is a lifetime contract
3) they get their percentage no matter how you get your money. In the future, if the state actually gets him to pay, they will come after you for their percentage. They get paid no matter how you get your money.
4) the money paid to them it not credited and the state is not notified the father (or mother) is paying. The arrearages does not go down.
5) They have been in the middle od many many lawsuits. They used to be named "Child Support Enforcement". They would call the owing parent and state their name, get the person to send money to them. Then the actual Child support agency from the actual state where the order is would also call. The State of Texas forced them to change the name to Support Kids because of this misrepresentation.
6) you will see the lawsuits on the web when you type in the search engine.
7) money sent to them does not always find its way to you.
8) supportkids garnishes AND the state garnishes. the owing parent pays twice yet nothing gets credited to the arrearages.
9) when you sign up, you agree to change the address to have all payments forwarded to support kids FIRST. The state payments get intercepted and sent to supportkids.
10) If you dont believe me, just for fun call them and ask they drop your case. see what happens.

my ex is psycho said:
>>advise you to go file contempt charges again, and this time ask for a jail sentence, and a $10 a day fine for late support. If the jail time doesn't get his attention, the $10 a day will!<<

Do I have to wait until he is a certain amount behind before I file contempt?

>>you're using "support kids"?
I feel for you. That was one decision that you will definately regret. <<

WHY?? What is wrong with them??

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
timsgurlfurlife said:
That is an excellent question! My ex was ordered to pay CS in August 2005. I have not gotten 1 cent!
Considering it's only MAY 2005............... :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">