• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding 93mph at 65mph limit with no car insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ff3508

What is the name of your state? California

Hi my name is Derek
First of all, I want to say thank you for reading this and any help will be very much appreciated

Today at 12:30am I got a ticket for speeding 93mph at a 65mph limit zone.
I was also not driving with any car insurance.

Right now I dont know what to do. I'm very worried and I desperately need some help of any kind. Please help me if you can.

I do have some questions, how much will my speeding ticket cost and whats the consequences for driving with no insurance

Please help. Thank you

Derek :( :confused:

RobertMiller

Speeding 93 in a 65 mph limit

Thank you for your question.

You will be given a date to appear in court, at which time you can plead guilty, and get traffic school, if you're eligible, and present proof that you were insured. If you are insured after the fact, some judges will reduce the fines or dismiss the charge, although they're not required to.

You can also plead not guilty, and fight the ticket, by having the officer not show up, or by showing that the speed limit was not properly set via speed survey, or that the maintenance, calibration, or use of the testing machinery (radar, laser, or speedometer), doesn't meet foundational requirements.

It's recommended that you get an attorney that handles traffic tickets, and there aren't many. The National Motorists Association (www.motorists.org) has a directory for your use.

Thanks again, and feel free to email anytime if you have further questions.

Robert Miller, Esq.

Last edited by a moderator:

ff3508

If the Police officer doesn't show up, I automatically win the case if I'm pleading not guilty?

Thanks for the help Robert

CdwJava

ff3508 said:
If the Police officer doesn't show up, I automatically win the case if I'm pleading not guilty?
Not always. Generally, if the officer calls ahead or has a valid excuse, the case will be continued. If he is a no-show without any good cause, chances are it will be dismissed.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">