• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding and contempt of court.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? KY

I got a speeding ticket back in January. I was pulled over for "speeding" - 70 on a 55. I also was unable to provide proof of insurance. I missed a court date; I couldn't go to court 4 hrs away and at the same time miss classes - I am a graduate student. Now, there's a warrant for my arrest. I would like to know what to do. How will this tarnish my record. I'm more concerned now especially because I am interviewing at various places. I am willing to do whatever is necessary, as long as my record doesnt get tarnished. Any advice?


Senior Member
Very easy. Go to the court house for the jurisdiction that issued the ticket and bring enough cash to cover the fine and any late fees. Pay what you owe and go on your way. Forget about your record, the FTA has alread done it's damage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential