• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding in GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toyres

i live in georgia, and was stopped for speeding. the police officer told me i was going 31 mph over the spped limit, but clocked me at 91 in a 55mph. he would not show me what he clocked me at, b/c he said it was not state law. if i can go to jail for that speed don't i have the right to see what i was clocked at, since i know i wasn't going that fast?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

toyres said:
i live in georgia, and was stopped for speeding. the police officer told me i was going 31 mph over the spped limit, but clocked me at 91 in a 55mph. he would not show me what he clocked me at, b/c he said it was not state law. if i can go to jail for that speed don't i have the right to see what i was clocked at, since i know i wasn't going that fast?
My response:

First of all, you won't be going to jail. If that was the case, the jails would be overflowing . . .

Oh, wait a minute, they are !

And besides, don't you believe the police ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">