• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in the Opposite Direction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wrongguy

I am in the state for Lovers! It should be known as the state for speeding traps and bull. But I digress! I am in the state of Virginia. I was clocked speeding at 68 mph in a 45 mph zone. I would not argue if I were wrong but the police officer was approaching me from the opposite direction. In addition, he was slowing down. I have never heard of this. Can anyone help me? I know for a fact that I was not going 68 mph! I am going to fight this ticket!

Last edited:

racer72

Why should we help you? You admit to speeding. Nothing in your post gives us any reason to help you. Modern patrol car mounted radar works very well as you have found out. If you are intent on fighting this ticket, I would suggest you hire a local attorney.

W

wrongguy

Read Carefully

I did not admit to anything. I think that you should take a few remedial english courses. I stated that I was clocked at 68 mph not that I was actually doing it! Furthermore, radar guns like any other instrument have specfic ways for it to perform its task. Radar guns work by determining how quickly the signal it sends out is bounced back. That is why you tend to see police cars in stationary positions when clocking a car's speed. Another way is by the officer going at a constant speed behind you. In that way, they can calculate the additional speed that you are going plus there CONSTANT speed. But while the officer is braking in the opposite direction? That is where the problem lies. Can anyone offer any insight?

lwpat

"I know for a fact that I was going 68 mph!"

Perhaps you need to read your own post and take your own advice.

It is called "moving radar" and having to be stationary went out many years ago. He was braking because he had already clocked you and was preparing to turn around. Racer72 gave you the correct advice.

K

knotcops

Do an on-line search for speeding tickets and radar. You'll find some sites on improving your odds of success in trying to beat the ticket.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There's no specific signage requirement mentioned in the Texas code. You're in violation if you stand a vehicle in a space designated for the handicapped.
Ron - I think you're lost. You're looking for the thread WAY over there! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">