• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket but was not given ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnowen

What is the name of your state? New York

I was driving with traffic at about 50, i believe.
I was pulled over, cop took my lisence, we talk.
He goes back to his car, within a few moments i see him on his radio, he comes back, gives me back my lisence and tells me he has another call and that the ticket will be sent in the mail and drives away.

Does anyone know how long itll be till i get the ticket,
and any advice on ways to fight it.

I spoke to a guy i work with (i volunteer emergency medical services) who is a cop and he said that i could fight it, but they might be able to still get me on grounds that he was responding to an emergency. when i was driving home i saw what his emergency was, he had pulled over another car for apparently speeding 5 minutes later.

Any advice on how to fight and what i should bring up or anyother comments on it.

I have also heard that since he did not even tell me how fast i was going and that i did not get the ticket right there and that the ticket was not explained to me and my questions were not answered that, that can invalidate a ticket is this correct?

thank you in advance

dakoto70

nope

just thought I would clarify the post for you. Since it seemed you were hell bent on putting the poster in their place, at the time of you writting your post.

HomeGuru

Re: Re: nope

More---Alice said:
Sorry, wrong assumption. I was not putting anyone in their place, if I was, I could act like any "Senior" member on this forum and spell check you.

**A: funny.

I stand bye the post.

**A: don't you stand by the post?

dakoto70

Have fun

Have fun spell checking, it wouldn't be the first time I was spell checked on this board and it won't be the last.

You came off with an attitude, and no information. If you didn't have anything to say to the poster than you should have just kept quiet. And before you reply to a post try reading them first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">