• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket by Helicopter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hauk58

What is the name of your state?
Ohio

My husband just got his 2nd ticket by a helicopter in less than 3 months time :mad: . This time he was in Georgetown, Ohio and claims to have not been speeding. The officer in the plane or helicopter above originally called in to the ground officer that he was timed at 78 mph in a 60 mph. My husband was on the phone at the time and writing directions down on the way to his next job (he was working and in a work truck with racks on the roof and boards, so you could not see into the truck). The cop that pulled him over confessed that he did not think he had the right person, so he requested the air patrolman to do a fly over who said that my husband was the right person and that he clocked him at 72 mph. The ground patrol officer questioned him about the 6 mph difference, but the air patrol officer replied with "it was somewhere in that range". He also said my husband was not wearing a seatbelt, but my husband always wears his seatbelt and there was not way for the officer in the air to see into my husbands truck because of the the truck racks. In addition, his work shirt is gray, same color as his seat belt. How do you challanged an air officer's creditability. Do you challange the equipment he used to time my husband? Do you challange the lines on the roads in hopes that they do not have evidence in court to back up the lines distance in spacing? I believe that my husband should be able to get out of this one. Any advice?

Last edited:

BassMasterMcfly

Which officer said he wasn't wearing the seat belt? If it was the one on the ground, he may have listed that when he pulled your husband over. If it was the one in the sky, take pictures of the truck and your husband in his truck wearing the seat belt. Show these and explain this to the judge - my father once beat a seat belt ticket because the judge could not believe the officer could see inside my father's car from the angle the officer was at.

About the speeding, not sure about the device, but it sounds like there's enough unconnected responses (the relay of 78, then 72, the other cop not knowing your husband was speeding) that you should fight it.

hauk58

Thanks for your input. He is definately fighting it. It was the officer in the helicopter that said he was not wearing a seatbelt. I also purchased a book called Case Dismissed that has some really good ideas in it regarding fighting speeding tickets. My husbands work truck is red, just as about every other work truck in on the highways. I think we may have enough to discredit the air hog!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">