• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket - Laser

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dahotone

What is the name of your state? GA

I was clocked for going 38 over but I don't think my speed could have been accelerated that fast due to the fact that I was coming off a ramp of speeds no more than 35 mph. I was merging onto another interstate into oncoming traffic of speeds up to 70 mph. I had traffic in front and behind me...people were even passing me as I entered the interstate. The cop was sitting under a bridge at the next exit witch wasn't even half a mile up. When he pulled me over he asked me that question "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I said no and he walked off. About 10 minutes later he came back and started explaining the ticket without explaining what the ticket was for. I was just going to pay the ticket but now they're saying its mandatory court. Now I think I might try to fight it....any ideas?

What was the speed limit?

It is usually best to get the advise of an attorney when a mandatory court appearance is involved, especially if a criminal record (misdemeanor) is possible from a conviction.

Take this very seriously, the consequences could be relatively severe (similar to DWI).

You really can not afford not to have a good experienced attorney represent you for this one.

What were you driving that could get you to that speed on an on-ramp merging into traffic?

Come back and let us know how it goes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">