• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket on California highway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zddoodah

I thought that in order to drive in the carpool lane you needed to have at least one passenger.
California has -- for more than a decade -- issued carpool lane stickers to owners of electric and hybrid vehicles (e.g., Tesla, Prius, etc.). Those stickers allow the driver of the vehicle to drive in the carpool/HOV lane without a passenger.

Have a Tesla with HOV stickers. And it just picks up speed even before you can notice it.
Before you notice it. I know several people with Teslas who don't have this problem. If you're unable to operate the vehicle within the boundaries of the law, you may want to take some remedial driver training. If you think the issue is the car, you might want to take it for service.

quincy

Have a Tesla with HOV stickers. And it just picks up speed even before you can notice it. It just speed up for a few seconds only when I hit the jackpot!
Well ... your Tesla certainly seems to have picked up speed at an inopportune time.

You probably would benefit from a California traffic law attorney’s help if you choose to fight the ticket.

Thank you, Zigner and Doodah, for explaining the HOV stickers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">